FEATURES OF THE RIVERWATCHER
The Riverwatcher is used to monitor fish migration. Using infra red scanning technology and high resolution cameras it is possible to recognize different species and validate the counts with silhouette images and photos. The Riverwatcher is used in more than 500 sites all over the world including Iceland, Scandinavia, Ireland, UK, USA, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany and Switzerland.
- Counts fish with more than 98% accuracy.
- Measures the size of each fish with more than 95% accuracy.
- Stores an image of every fish.
- The water temperature is measured at frequent intervals.
- Power can be supplied from solar panels and a deep cycle battery.
- The counter can easily be adjusted for use in all fish ladders, dams, traps and similar places.
- Storing and presentation of all data from a data cloud.
- Remote control and access.
- Infrared scanning and video monitoring options.
- It is possible to connect several counters together and monitor rivers where there are no fish-ways.
- Comparison of catch figures and the migration patterns to calculate the exploitation rate.
- Year to year comparison of migration patterns.
- Evaluation of the results of rearing and smolt releases.
- Assessment of the influence of different environmental factors.
- Fish-way efficiency evaluation.
- Valuable data for better fisheries management.
- Identification of species, sex, wild/farmed fish etc.
SEE DIFFERENT SETUPS & INSTALLATIONS
MONITOR AND COMPARE YOUR RIVERSTOCK ONLINE
- Customers can view real-time information from any web based computer and see what is going on in the river at any time.
- Counts and charts available without having to download data and start a specific software.
- Reports are available for any chosen period of time.
- Easy to share information and easy to compare years.
- Examine temperature records for a particular period.
- Analyse the images of each fish to verify the counting.
- Users can easily edit data if needed.
- All data securely stored and accessible on your private web account.
THE FISH IS WAITING FOR YOU ONLINE
All you need is a connection to the Internet.
It is easy to update existing units for Riverwatcher Daily.
FOR DETAILS AND FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT
Magnus Thor Asgeirsson
BENEDIKT EXPLAINS THE SOFTWARE
This new Riverwatcher-C type or RW-C consists of an IP underwater stereo video camera with infrared vision, underwater infrared and white LED lights, a stainless steel camera tunnel, and high performance computer operating our special software to count and monitor the fish.
MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE, ANY TIME OF DAY
- The Photo tunnel ensures optimal image and video quality. The standard tunnel is 160 x 105 x 63cm (L x W x H) and is fitted with the underwater digital camera and lights. Standard opening is 40cm.
- The tunnel ensures that the images are captured under controlled and constant lighting conditions, as well as the optimum position and distance of the fish to the camera.
- Lights can also be time controlled to e.g. switch to IR light during nighttime
REAL-TIME VIDEO STREAM
OBJECTS IDENTIFIED AND MEASURED AUTOMATICALLY
BUILT TO LAST
Limitations: Underwater videography requires somewhat clear water and light. These challenges can be mitigated for with custom lighting and contrasting backdrops. Automated software handles processing most detection, but some review is required. For use in murky or turbid rivers, consider using our Riverwatcher-S type with an Infrared Scanner or our Riverwatcher-SC type for combined technologies and best results.